In Finite


#58 In Finite
Unlike infinity, finite is the measurable, the limited.  This painting speaks to the belief that we are trapped 'in' finite, thus keeping ourselves from the infinite that we truly are.  Another one of my favorites and part of my personal collection, I have both this finished piece and the original sketch  framed on my studio wall. The interpretation is more a 'felt' one as I look into the whole of the painting, yet as I examine the individual aspects within it I see the connections between the evolution of man's quest to illuminate the spiritual.  I see religions across time, earth based and modern interpretations, guru's and god's representing our attempt to reach both. We are one story woven with many threads.  Pull any one and hopefully we can unravel the mystery we have unknowingly spun around ourselves.